The Symposium on Turkic Languages and Linguistics will be hosted at the University of Washington on October 5, 2017. The goal of this symposium is to advance the study of Turkish and Turkic linguistics and promote dialogue and sharing between scholars of these languages both domestically and internationally. This one-day symposium will serve as a prelude before the Central Eurasian Studies Society conference, which will also take place on the University of Washington campus. The program will feature one keynote lecture, one invited talk, and paper presentations on a variety of themes.
Keynote Speaker: Christopher Beckwith, Indiana University
- Talant Mawkanuli (co-chair) (tmawkan at uw dot edu)
- Selim Kuru (co-chair)
- Alexander Sugar (sugara at uw dot edu)
- UW College of Arts and Sciences, Humanities Division
- UW Department of Linguistics
- UW Department of Near Eastern Languages & Civilization
- UW Middle East Center at the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies
- UW Center for Global Studies at the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies
- UW China Studies Program at the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies
The organizers also wish to thank Rick Aguilar and Patrick Gibbs for their time, energy, and support.