The 27th annual meeting of the Austronesian Formal Linguistics Association (AFLA 27) will be held at the National University of Singapore, June 4–6, 2020.
- January 15 — abstract submission deadline
- March 1 — acceptance notifications
- Lauren Clemens, University of Albany SUNY
- Alexander D. Smith, University of North Texas
- Apay Ai-Yu Tang, National Dong Hwa University
- Coppe van Urk, Queen Mary University of London
- Kilu von Prince, Humboldt University Berlin
The Austronesian Formal Linguistics Association (AFLA) promotes the study of Austronesian languages from a formal perspective. Since the initial meeting in 1994, AFLA has served as a forum for the presentation of new research in all of the core areas of formal linguistics, including (but not limited to) phonology, linguistic typology, morphology, semantics and syntax. AFLA has a history of bringing together leading scholars, native speaker linguists, and junior scholars in the formal study of Austronesian languages.
AFLA 27 is generously supported by the Singapore Ministry of Education and the National University of Singapore.
Pictures of Palau by Alex Smith — but Singapore’s beautiful too!